Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Testimony from Sammi Cheng



Testimony (from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhR6UiyOiE8 clip, time 2:16 onwards):

Many of us conform to this world's values and principles. Majority lacked the courage to become who and what we really are and live life to the fullest.

Including myself. My name is Sammi Cheng, a singer and actress. I'm 35 this year. I have some small accomplishments to date. Yet I've never truly being myself, the real me. I'm used to living in a set of principles guided by man. I used to think that the greater the accomplishments I have, the greater my self-worth and value would become. However, the more material wealth and worldly success I possess, the emptier I felt. The heart...it's empty. I've tried to fill it up with more successes and possessions, but the void remained, to the extend that it felt scary.

Finally, I tried to put a stop to these bottomless and endless pursuits. I put down this career which I've painstakingly built up over the years. I let go of my successes. I wish to see what will become of me without them...

God spent approx. 1000 days to put me to some serious self-reflection and soul-searching. Finally, I saw the true veil of money and success. These may satisfy my worldly wants, but it can never satisfy my deepest desire.

Life itself needs to have a higher calling and purpose. Through God's words, I found my sense of direction and anchor.

"Jesus came to serve, and not to be served." In the days to come, I shall live out my special calling. I do not know how God is going to direct my life's script, but what I do know is that He will carry me through every step of my life.

Such peace and assurance from God, is something that money can never buy.

In retrospect, over the past 1000 days of self-reflection, God has indeed "fixed" me, through much pain and tears. He allowed such trials to come my way, so that I may find back my "heart". My heart has since reunite with God, I shall not fear, nor shall I be timid anymore. I want to live out the real me.

To live life according to my higher calling, and to not conform to this world...this is my promise to God.

- Sammi Cheng
(translation by Stephen Lim)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wonderful testimony... i am touched.. Thank you Sammi for your bravity to say openly that you are a follower of Christ. People will mock you...this is to be expected.

      Delete
  2. I agree. Wonderful. I'd never heard of you before. I just saw the Faith DVD in a Chinese grocery shop ( in Sydney,Australia) and thought I'd have a listen. Yours is a great testimony. "Turn your TEST into your TESTIMONY,and your MESS into your MESSAGE." That sounds like Sammi Cheng. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammi Cheng, I feel happy for you cos' you have found the best treasure many have been trying to seek all their life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God blessed you abundantly and prosper you & be in health just as your soul prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. mental health clinics near me

    ReplyDelete